* Project Runway Challenge #2~ The Unconventional Steampunk!, Part I

Since I had the urge to participate in this month's Project Runway Challenge I thought I'do some sort of Halloween Steampunk. So basically my idea was a pumpkin dress (that would be a dress, where the lower part is like a balloon skirt, yet slightly reminiscent of a pumpkin in shape), with a top hat (or something similar) and a lovely magician's cloak.
So last week I went shopping and bought some lovely silk-like material in pink-orange for the dress and some darker red-brownish cloth for the cloak.
I've already started the dress and finished the hardest part, the top of the dress. I feel pretty confident that the rest of the dress is gonna be a breeze!

As you can see from the picture I prefer to sew a big part of the doll outfits by hand. Until now I haven't figured out, how to get the little details precisely done with the sewing machine, so I rather work a little bit slower and get my seams exactly where I want them to be ^__~

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Chibbi Newt Preorder

What a lovely day :)