Refurbishing

I'm currently working on a diorama project for my ¼ sized dolls. Since they are mainly girls ... and also girls who love girly stuff, we decided, that they are going to get a shabby chic styled living room on the middle shelf of my cabinet.
Everything will be kept in white with accents in pastel colors and lots of roses.

We started working with the couch. This is what the couch looked like 3 weeks ago:


This is what the couch looked like after almost 3 hours of taking it apart:


This is what it looked like after the first coat of white color and with the new upholstery:


I told you, I'll be going for white and motives with roses. Cliché-y much? Yes, but also cute xD. Which leads us to what the couch looks like right now:


Already looking good, isn't it? I still need to add a decorative ribbon around the upholstery, similar to what the original design had, so that it'll look more nicely, but I still did not get around doing this. 
Honestly, I have no clue what to use to make it work. Simply just glue and stick it on? Or should I go the whole way and sew it on? Decisions, decisions. Anyway, the girls can already sit on it, so I can take my sweet time with the finishing touches. ;)



Kommentare

  1. That's an amazing couch! I'm liking the newest version a lot. I don't care if white and roses is cliché, I love it too haha!!!

    Did you make the original couch? it is very nice :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you :)!
      No, I bought the orginal couch on ebay. (And it was very cheap acutally, I think I paid for this one 10 EUR or something in this price range.)

      Löschen
  2. Oh wow, I think I have the same couch with different fabric! :D I love how you've modified yours, it looks great!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you!

      Yes, this couch style is very popular. I think it exists with at least 5 different fabric choices, but the wood part is always brown, so I tried something completely different ;).

      Löschen
  3. I am still in awe of you sheer talent in every department! I really need to kidnap you on the next meet xD

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Chibbi Newt Preorder

Resin comparison between DoDollsDream and DollFairyland